Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Timbergrove


Timbergrove doesn't only offer beautiful homes Inner Loop but it offers a small array of delicious eateries close by. Kojak's and Pappa Geno's are my favorite Timbergrove eateries. Both mom and pop shops with a generous warmth.

Pappa Geno's is located at 1801 Ella Blvd, Ste C 77008 next to one of Houson's privately owned gas stations and in front of Food Town (across the street from 18th's street HEB). Look for the orange and white striped sign and building. I may be partial since my favorite sandwich is a Philly Cheesteak (I was born in NJ) but this is by far one of the best I have ever had EVER. Now, I have been to Philly and tried the 2 famous joints but to me....1) I don't like Cheez whiz on a Philly 2) I thought they didn't have much flavor 3) I like mayo on my Philly! I know, I know, but Pappa Geno's makes it however you like and has several ways they make their Philly so it's totally up to you! The secret they say is in the bread - which they get delivered from New York! This sandwich is huge, filled with tender, juicy, peppery meat, melted cheese (I always get it with provolone) and onions. Again, I am a fry lover so you really have to wow me with your fries for me to continue to come back. Their fries aren't the best BUT its a strange combination that really works for me. Fries topped with brown gravy! Somehow it works and tastes delicious. Come to Pappa Geno's with an appetite!

To see what the Houston Press had to say about Pappa Geno's, read this....http://www.houstonpress.com/2010-11-04/restaurants/come-to-pappa/

Kojak's is located at 1912 West 18th Street between Ella and Seaspray in a small shopping center. Their menu changes to reflect chef's specials so every time I come I am pleasantly surprised at how great it is and their variety. Their soups and sandwiches are tasty. The environment is clean and friendly and lends to a perfect little cafe in a great neighborhood. Free wifi and BYOB at dinner time. Come pick up a magazine and relax in this classic Timbergrove staple. Visit http://www.kojakscafe.com/ for more information.

Your foodie,
Jenny Vargas
Realtor, CNE
281.948.2951
Jenny@MyPlaceinHouston.com